Friday, June 8, 2012

$7 Round End Table

By now you probably know that I am in too much of a hurry to take real 'before' pictures! I forgot to take this one too but I figure an upside down table is better than no 'before' table at all! Table was in pretty good shape except bottom shelf was severely scratched (which is the part I wanted you to see); however, you can barely tell there was anything wrong with it now.


Does this look like a $7 table? I think NOT!!

I sanded very lightly with sanding block to smooth out where the scratches were. I thought about leaving the table tob with the wood look but I'm pretty sure it was some type of veneer and I didn't want to invest anymore money trying to match the finish or sand so I just left the edges unpainted to add some character. The paint is left over from the dresser and the chair I have posted. The color is Martha Stewart's Sharkey Grey altho it looks almost white. I purchased the paint at Home Depot a few months ago, they had sample pots for  50 cents!I bought four pots...what a steal, especially since I've done three pretty nice sized projects with those pots. Alas, the paint is gone...just drops left over.
I did use the DIY 'chalk paint' method so l didn't prime but I did lightly sand between coats with a sanding block.
GO FIND YOUR TREASURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment