Sunday, August 12, 2012

Lamp/Magazine Table

Lamp Magazine Table

I don't even know what this thing is called, I just know it was 1/2 price day at one of the local thrift stores and I needed a cheap fix for a nightstand for my soon to be 13 year old. Sooo...after checking to make sure the lamp worked, I hauled it into the back of my Camry and took it home! 

Normally, I don't think it fits my design aesthetics but it is FUNCTIONAL and it is durable, being made of wood and metal I figured it can not be destroyed and if it is I haven't wasted any money on it.

The lamp shade looks like it was made with a paper treatment with leaves impressions which I promptly removed and just watered down the paint I was using and painted the shade, see below:

BEFORE

AFTER
I don't know what happened to all the 'before' pictures



Stripe

YAY it works!



No comments:

Post a Comment