Monday, June 24, 2013

Roadside Desk Rescue

I found this desk on the side of the road:
Desk soo heavy we removed drawers asap...

Close up of the mess!


You can not tell from the pictures but the top of the desk was bowed out pretty bad, it had been left in the rain and thoroughly abused during its previous life (nail polish, glitter, glue, etc).
After about a week in the garage and a few heavy thing sitting on top the would retracted and it lays almost perfectly flat now.I thought I would need to replace but I'm glad I got to keep the original top because of its unique shape:
Spoiler Alert: after refinishing
Most of the water rings, scratches, etc removed with hand sander, unfortunately my sander DIED after this project! O well....Here are the AFTER pictures, drum roll please:
DURING pic (primer)

AFTER
On a different occasion I found this pitiful fold away dining chair:

Excuse my boys bb hoop












Revived back to life as a foldable desk chair!


All paint & stain was leftovers so this was an economical redo!




No comments:

Post a Comment