Thursday, June 13, 2013

Writing Desk

Another piece commissioned, I'm soo excited! The owner of this desk had it for 20 years trying to refinish and replace knobs, his wife wanted an update to suit both of their styles. The top had water marks, etc...Of course my sander decided it had enough after a different intense project so I was left to hand sand....UH, NO! I did my research on Pinterest and found out I could remove varnish with oven cleaner, since this stuff takes out my lungs I have a whole can of it under the sink.
I sprayed the furniture in a well ventilated area (outside) and let it sit for 15-20 min, wipe down, used vinegar to neutralize and continued process until I got the top how I wanted. Once that was completed I stained and used poly as usual.

BEFORE:


AFTER:


KNOBS: Hobby Lobby

No comments:

Post a Comment